When I need a quick and easy sandwich for myself, this is a nice flavorful mouth party! I like it sauteed for a little bit so that it's nice and warm. It's so simple and you can add any extra veggies you wish. Make it cheese-less and you can have a great vegan sandwich. I have made it with eggplant before as well and it's been just as delightful.
- 2-4 artichoke hearts (canned and ready)
- 2-4 roasted red peppers
- a few slices of red onion
- Soft bread
- Provolone cheese (optional)
- Pesto Aioli (equal portions of Veganaise and basil pesto mixed together)
- In a small pan, put a tiny bit of olive oil. Over medium heat, add artichokes, roasted red pepper and red onions. Let it saute for 4-6 minutes.
- Toast your soft bread. Put veggies on bread add your cheese and Pesto Aioli.
- Eat and enjoy!