My favorite "weather is getting warmer" dessert is by far this recipe for fantastic Fruit Pizza. This recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember. I'm not much of a dessert person, but this dessert I could eat for my meal and then again for dessert. Plus, I find something very calming and exciting in arranging the fruit into fun patterns (strange, I know). This recipe could easily be made vegan with butter and cream cheese substitutes. Here's the recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup ground nuts (I usually use almonds or walnuts)
While the crust is cooling, begin to mix the filling. Wait to spread filling until crust has completely cooled.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese block
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut up your favorite fruit and add on top of filling.
- The only fruit I would stay away from is bananas and apples since they tend to go brown once cut.
- 1 cup fruit juice (in my experience apple and orange taste the best and work the best)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
Let your pizza set in the fridge for at least a half hour, then cut, serve and enjoy!