Monday, May 25, 2009

Chain Champ: Chili's


Even though I try to avoid chain restaurants for the most part, sometimes it's the only thing that seems to please the whole party and it's unavoidable. So, the Veg Vixens will also be reviewing the chains and letting you know the good, the bad and the ugly.

When I have gone to Chili's, I have really enjoyed their Guiltless Black Bean Burger. It's nicely seasoned and has whole black beans in the patty. In my few experiences here, they are also willing to accommodate vegetarians, since the options aren't plentiful. I've modified the fajitas to be just veggie and that's been satisfying for the most part as well. The downside is the very very limited choices, especially if you are vegan. The upside is, the choices that are there, I think are pretty delicious, though I am huge black bean burger lover, so I might be easier to please than most.

I'd love to see more chain restaurants offering meat substitutes (like marinated portobellos, tofu, seitan) though I think that might be wishful thinking for now. Overall, if you're in the mood for a black bean burger or veggie fajitas, go for it, if not, good luck and plan on filling yourself with a garden salad or sides. Vegans beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment