Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hi-Fi Cafe Milwaukee, WI

Hi-Fi Cafe
2640 S Kinnickinnic Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53207
(414) 486-0504

This place was our usual meet up spot with our Realtor while we were house hunting but we never got anything to eat, because of being so anxious to get going to look at houses. However, now, I'm killing some time before going to our home inspection and I got a little hungry, so I ordered myself lunch.


YUM! There are lots of veggie options including, Avo Sandwich, Falafil Sandwich, Gardenburger, Jean Genie, Veggie Baguette Sandwich, Hot Hi-Di-Ho, pasta, soup, snacks and pizza also. Today, I was pretty set on a sandwich and I went witht he Veggie D (Lux Interior) and deluxe is right! It is spinach, provolone toasted on a pita with avocado, sprouts, red onion, tomato, dijon and mayo. I cannot say it enough, YUM! I choose to get the pasta salad as my side and again YUM! It's nice and toasty warm today, and this was delightful. Light, delicious and a taste explosion. The dijon and mayo are not just normal dijon and mayo, there is something so tasty in it that is divine. The pasta salad was filled with peppers, tomato and onions along with penne pasta in a light tangy and slightly spicy dressing with tons of fresh black pepper.

Overall, a perfect light lunch in a hip and decked out cafe. The only drawback for me, is the smoking (and there's quite a bit of it around me right now). Though, if you can stand that, the food is definitely worth it and resonably priced. Most sandwiches run $5-$8 and they have beer, tea (cold and hot), smoothies and lots of coffee. I'll definitely be back when I'm in the mood for a pizza, because I just saw someone order it and it looks scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment