Thursday, May 14, 2009

Apple, Provolone, Pesto Aioli Sandwich


I have not been good about taking pictures at all. I made this sandwich twice last week. Once for some lovely fellow teachers (all of whom oohed and ahhhed over it) and then again for my mother on Mother's Day. But both times I was so preoccupied with devouring the sandwich, that I completely forgot to take pictures, so I promise as soon as I make it again, I will post a picture.

This has become my staple sandwich. It is mimicked from Brasserie V's menu in Madison, WI. I LOVE this sandwich with my whole heart. I have definitely always been a sandwich lover, and this one is deliciously filling and satisfying. Plus, it's quick and easy! Again, I'm big into the semi-homemade, so I buy a jar of pesto and combine it with Organic Veganaise, but there are some great recipes out there for your own homemade recipe, especially if you grow your own basil!

Apple, Provolone, Pesto Aioli Sandwich

What you need:
  • Red apple
  • Provolone cheese (can be omitted if you wish to make it vegan)
  • Basil Pesto
  • Veganaise
  • Delicious soft bread of your choice (buns or rolls work best)
  • Spinach
  • Red Onion
Directions:
  1. Prepare the Pesto Aioli (can be made and kept for up to 2 weeks). I combine half cup of veganaise with half cup of basil pesto. You can make as much or as little as you wish!
  2. Cut red apple into very thin slices, wash spinach, cut red onion thinly.
  3. Cut and lightly toast the soft bread of your choice (I have been loving Woodman's Split Top Wheat Rolls, they are very soft and nice and large. I also enjoy Madison Sourdough or Breadsmith Rolls).
  4. First layer the apple slices onto the bread, add provolone cheese, then spinach and red onion. Spread a nice layer of pesto aioli on the top bread. Then smoosh it together, cut and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment